Bryan Cranston to Star in Stage Version of Network at the National

first_imgBryan Cranston(Photo: Bruce Glikas) Walter White is London-bound! Tony and Emmy winner Bryan Cranston will headline Tony winner Ivo van Hove’s world premiere of Network at the U.K.’s National Theatre this year. Other big names attached to upcoming productions include award-winning playwright Annie Baker and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child director John Tiffany.Network is Lee Hall’s new adaptation of the Oscar-winning film by Paddy Chayefsky. All the Way Tony winner Cranston takes on the role of Howard Beale, a longtime anchor of an evening news program with dwindling ratings. The film features the famous line,”I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!” Opening is scheduled for November 2017 at the Lyttelton Theatre.Baker makes a National Theatre return with the European premiere of her new play John in the Dorfman. James Macdonald directs the production, with a cast tht includes Georgia Engel. Opening night is set for early 2018.Anne-Marie Duff returns to the National Theatre in Common, and will appear alongside Rory Kinnear in Macbeth in 2018, directed by Rufus Norris. Opening is slated for spring 2018.As previously reported, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child director John Tiffany is at the helm of the world premiere of Pinocchio by Dennis Kelly, with songs and score from the Walt Disney film by Leigh Harline, Ned Washington and Paul J. Smith newly adapted by Martin Lowe. The production will open at the Lyttelton in December 2017.Additional productions include the previously announced Follies and Angels in America, Ugly Lies the Bone, Saint George and the Dragon, Beginning, The Majority, Amadeus, Twelfth Night, Salomé, Common, Romeo and Juliet, Lost Without Words, Consent, Barber Shop Chronicles and Mosquitoes.Further productions and casting will be announced at a later date. View Commentslast_img read more

Luxury Gold Coast home sold as agents adapt

first_imgAmir Prestige principal Amir Mian outside the Surfers Paradise house he sold while new COVID-19 restrictions were being announced. Picture: Glenn HampsonAS Prime Minister Scott Morrison was announcing new restrictions on auctions and open homes, a multi million-dollar property changed hands on the Gold Coast.Valued at more than $3 million, the luxury four-bedroom home on the waterfront in Surfers Paradise sold on Wednesday evening.As contracts were being signed, Mr Morrison suspended public gatherings for auctions and group open homes prompting local agents to implement new measures. Ray White Surfers Paradise Group CEO Andrew Bell said online auctions and phone bids will be the norm. Picture: Jerad WilliamsRay White Surfers Paradise Group, who conducts in-room auctions every month and on-site auctions each weekend, plans to do more business online. CEO Andrew Bell said up to 40 per cent of buyers already bid over the phone for Gold Coast properties which attract higher interest from interstate and overseas buyers. “We prefer to do business face-to-face but given that’s out we can still function,” he said.“You can still watch an auction online and bid over the phone, so from our perspective it’s business as usual in the auction sphere.”The Real Estate Industry of Queensland will seek further clarity from the federal governmentregarding outdoor residential auctions that adhere to outdoor restrictions already in place.Meanwhile, realestate.com.au has fast-tracked the launch of a new Digital Inspections feature which allows agents to use video to showcase listings. Kollosche director Michael Kollosche will vet buyers before granting an inspection.Prestige property agency Kollosche has gone one step further, introducing a list of criteria that buyers must meet in order to qualify for a private viewing or virtual inspection.Buyers must have driven past the property, provide written evidence of cash or finance, and confirm they have not travelled overseas in the past 28 days or been in contact with anyone infected with COVID-19.“We will not be doing any business with any person who is not in a position to buy a property,” said director Michael Kollosche. “We’re not here to run around or jeopardise anyone’s health, we’re only here to do business with people who are ready, willing and able to transact.” More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa8 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day agocenter_img Face masks are now compulsory at Amir Prestige where Principal Amir Mian sold 38 Paradise Island while new restrictions were being announced. Picture Glenn HampsonAmir Prestige principal Amir Mian, who handled the sale of 38 Paradise Island, said deals were still being done, but technology and hygiene would play a greater role as agents adapted to the changes.“Virtual tours are being offered which also helps to pre-qualify buyers,” he said.“It’s now compulsory for all of our agents to wear face masks for private inspections as well as using hand sanitisers.”Mr Mian said the restrictions also served to weed out time wasters, bringing serious buyers to the fore.“Anyone who looks now is serious about buying and ready to do a deal,” he said.“As a seller, I’d rather have one qualified person than ten carpet crushers.”last_img read more