The cause of a raging fire at 505 N.W. 86th St. has been ruled undetermined, and will stay that way because any evidence that would reveal the cause was destroyed, Ken Hill, a Clark County deputy fire marshal, said Tuesday.Officials said the Monday afternoon fire started in an upstairs bedroom. Hill said the fire in Hazel Dell was definitely accidental.Damage has been estimated at $250,000 to the building and $75,000 to its contents, for a total of $325,000.No people or pets were reported injured.The fire was reported about 5 p.m. Monday and crews arrived to find flames roaring out of two large upstairs windows. Besides attacking the flames, at first from outside and later inside, firefighters kept a hose line spraying a house next door, only 12 to 20 feet from the flames consuming the burning home. As a result, little or no damage was reported to the neighbors’ home.A battalion chief soon called for a second alarm, bringing Vancouver engines and crews to the scene.The owner of the home, Elmer Brown, 64, said he was sitting on a couch watching TV when he heard a smoke detector and alerted his wife, Ardis, and two grandchildren, 8 and 9. Ardis Brown had been using a computer; one grandchild was taking a shower and the other was playing a video game in the dining room.“We all got out as we called 911,” he said. The fire was reported around 5 p.m. and about 40 firefighters from Fire District 6 and Vancouver Fire Department rushed to the scene. The house is near Jason Lee Middle School.“A lot of clutter inside the home fueled the fire and made fighting and investigating it difficult,” said Dawn Johnson, a spokeswoman for Fire District 6.